POSITIVITY. PERSEVERANCE. TEAMWORK.
At California Autism Center and Learning Group, our mission is to improve the lives of the clients we serve and build our employees' careers in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). We offer paid training and professional development with a focus on work-life balance. We are seeking individuals who are looking for a fulfilling career, who love working with children and can think creatively. Apply now to join our compassionate team of behavior analysts!
Our ideal behavior technician:
- Positive attitude
- mission and data-driven
- Team player
- Passion for working with children
Responsibilities and Duties
Our Behavior Technicians provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment for children diagnosed along the autism spectrum (ASD) and other disabilities. Autism involves impairments in social interaction - such as being aware of other people's feelings - and verbal and nonverbal communication. Some individuals with autism have limited interest, odd eating or sleeping behaviors, or the tendency to engage in self-injurious behaviors. Behavior Technicians work one-on-one with clients collecting data and carrying out programs designed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to improve the lives of our clients. Other duties include:
- Building and maintaining a positive environment for clients while reinforcing desirable behaviors and building good rapport
- Following the behavior intervention plan for skills acquisition and behavior reduction protocols
- Following and recording data for prescribed communication, adaptive skills, feeding, toilet training, and other programs
- Collecting preference assessments and running clinical programs as directed by a Case Manager
- Writing and reviewing session notes for parent/guardian(s)
To qualify, you have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
- To provide an immunization record with proof of TB clearance
- Reliable transportation with proof of auto insurance
- Minimum of 16 hours of availability in four-hour blocks. Treatment Center hours are Monday - Friday (8:00 AM -6:00 PM) for all locations.
We prefer you had:
- Previous experience working with children, more specifically working with individuals on the autism spectrum and/or other related developmental disabilities.
- A least six months of ABA experience, but we provide training if you lack this experience
- Proficient using technology and capable of using a tablet for data collection and for daily communication with other team members
- CPR and first aid certification
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
The perks of working with us:
- Comprehensive paid initial and ongoing training and clinical support
- Paid training with opportunities for advancement in the ABA industry; Behavior Technicians offer a path towards becoming a coordinator, supervisor, BCBA, and even a director!
- Limited travel; with paid travel time and mileage reimbursement
- Paid company sick time
- Paid professional development; reimbursement for RBT fees and CEUs
- Access to supplemental insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan for all employees 21 years or older; company match coming in 2020
- Employee wellness program (corporate gym membership discounts and annual free flu shot clinic)
- Quarterly staff appreciation events
About California Autism Center
We are an extraordinary company located in the heart of the Central Valley. We are listed as one of the fastest-growing companies in 2018 by INC Magazine. We have two locations in Fresno, CA, and one in Merced, CA looking to expand in the South Valley. Our focus is on a team approach and individualized treatment. We believe the center-based model is the best approach to provide more learning opportunities for our clients and provide the best support for our staff. If you are interested in learning more about us, please visit our website at www.calautismcenter.org or check us out on Facebook.
The well-being of CAC clients and team members have been our top priority during the pandemic, which is why we continue to follow the guidelines from the CDC and state and local public health departments to stay up to date on safety practices. All employees and clients are evaluated based on symptoms and must pass a daily health screening before working. We encourage anyone with symptoms or illness to stay home. Staff must wear a face covering at all times while working and limit contact with others by practicing social distancing. To learn more please about how we are staying safe, visit our COVID-19 page: https://www.calautismcenter.org/covid-19/
We are committed to providing a positive and diverse workplace for all team members. California Autism Center and Learning Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation