At California Autism Center and Learning Group, our mission is to improve the lives of the clients we serve and build our employees' careers in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). We offer 100% paid training, support, and mentorship to become a Registered Behavior Technician. We are seeking individuals who are looking for a fulfilling career, who love working with children in a fun playful environment. We continue to expand services and offer flexible part-time and full-time schedules Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM.
Our ideal behavior technician:
• Positive attitude
• Mission and data-driven
• Team player
• Passion for working with children
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Registered Behavior Technician, you will shape the lives of our clients by using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment for children diagnosed along the autism spectrum (ASD) and other disabilities. A Registered Behavior Technician enjoys building a playful, positive environment for children to learn social, behavioral, and daily living skills to succeed in the classroom and in the community. Behavior Technicians work one-on-one with clients collecting data on iPads and carrying out programs designed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to improve the lives of our clients.
To qualify, you have:
- A High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
- The ability to provide an immunization record with proof of TB test clearance
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver's license and adequate auto insurance
- Minimum of 16 hours of availability in four-hour blocks.
We prefer you had:
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, education, child development, speech and hearing services, or other related field
- Previous experience working with children ages 0-16 provided in a classroom or 1:1 setting
- One year experience in applied behavior analysis, implementing the behavior analytic principles, but we provide training if you lack this experience!
- Proficient using technology and capable of using a tablet for data collection and for daily communication with other team members
- Bilingual in Hmong, Spanish, or American Sign Language
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
- CPR and First Aid certification
The perks of working with us:
- Center-based program with limited to no travel time.
- Highly competitive hourly rate based on your experience and qualifications.
- 40+ hours of training with a dedicated mentor/training coordinator.
- All expenses paid towards earning your Registered behavior Technician (RBT) certification.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits (for full-time positions).
- Supplemental insurance coverage through Colonial Life.
- Access to company 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Paid company sick leave.
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement.
- Employee Assistance Program and discount program.
We value Positivity, Perseverance, and Teamwork
About California Autism Center
We are an extraordinary company located in the heart of the Central Valley. We are listed as one of the fastest-growing companies in 2018 by INC Magazine. We have two locations in Fresno, CA and one in Merced, CA looking to expand in the South Valley. Our focus is a team approach and individualized treatment. We believe the center-based model is the best approach to provide more learning opportunities for our clients and provide the best support for our staff. If you are interested in learning more about us, please visit our website at www.calautismcenter.org or check us out on Facebook.
The well-being of CAC clients and team members have been our top priority during the pandemic, which is why we continue to follow the guidelines from the CDC and state and local public health departments to stay up to date on safety practices. All employees and clients are evaluated based on symptoms and must pass a daily health screening before working. We encourage anyone with symptoms or illness to stay home. Staff must wear a face covering at all times while working and limit contact with others by practicing social distancing. To learn more please about how we are staying safe, visit our COVID-19 page: https://www.calautismcenter.org/covid-19/
We are committed to providing a positive and diverse workplace for all team members. California Autism Center and Learning Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation